Being part of a balloon crew is more than just following the balloon in a car.
You help the pilot with pre-flight, lay out, inflation, finding suitable landing spots, deflation and packing up the balloon.
You are the eyes, ears and nose for the pilot. You act as a liaison with passengers and landowners. You work efficiently solo and as part of a team to insure a successful flight. You are an extra level of safety to the pilot, passengers, spectators and others. You belong to a small but passionate community of balloonists and crew!
Without crew balloon pilots would not be able to fly! Crew members are critical to safe and fun ballooning!
Crew Member Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age
- No physical restrictions to lifting or other strenuous activity
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to think fast and react correctly under stress
- Able to take directions and perform tasks as instructed by pilot and/or crew chief in a quick and correct manner
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Ability to drive full size vans, suvs and pick-ups. Bonus if you can drive with a trailer
- Able to work early mornings and evenings for around 3-4hrs per flight.
- Must be willing to learn
- Must be willing to have fun!